Thursday, April 21, 2022

Have I shown you the UI yet?

I can't remember if I've actually posted what the XM8 UI looks like? 

I am doing a working midicontroller webapp that is at the same time a millimeter perfect SVG, this makes it possible for me to test the voice cards without having a physical controller, and at the same time decide on what the UI should look like.

Here is the first version:

I initially thought I would have an external screen/pad but decided that would be annoying, so the second version has a built-in 9 inch screen:




I can even develop the code for the screen and run it on my controller, as everything is typescript/react.js based:



Here are some shots from when I presented the synth at a conference. I made a fullsize mockup of the UI (bottom left), complete with a five octave fatar keybed:





The voice circuits. Everything gets better with a bit of bubbles, right?

Not a very good picture, but it does give an impression of the size of this thing:



No comments:

Post a Comment