Sunday, January 27, 2019

Jupiter 6 filter - oscillation issue

I did a lot more work on the Jupiter 6 filter today.

First of all, I tried figuring out why I get oscillation on the input whenever cutoff CV was above 4.7V.

I have yet to figure out what is going on, but I tried replacing all ideal opamps with TL072 simulations and I still have the issue. I will have to breadboard the circuit to see if it is real or not.

But even so, there are a few things that make this happen:

1) When resonance CV is at 0V, I get oscillation if cutoff CV > 4.7 and input gain feedback resistor > 3.9k. With 4.7V CV I could use at least a 15k resistor without problems.

2) Decreasing the 33k resistor from input to the resonance OTA, or removing the line completely, fixes the problem

3) Increasing resonance also removes the issue.

All in all, it seems that anything that makes MORE current pass through the circuit causes this oscillation. I tried quickly reading up on op amp oscillation but no quick remedy was found. I also cut down on the circuit to the point where only the first SVF with constant current controls (no expo converters etc) and no output VCA was left and still had the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment