Saturday, November 11, 2023

JP6 Resonance CV conversion

 I'm trying to use a linear CV to control the resonance, but without the exponential converter of the original circuit.

I've simulated the Jove circuit and got this response:



My linear CV has this response

Linear response, indicating the max/min input CVs needed to get same i_abc range as the Jove one.


To get the same control curve, I need to map the linear response in my own code.

But what shape should it have?

Here is a graph showing what input voltages will give the same I_abc as the Jove version:

As we can see, it is the same curve as the I_abc curve for the jove, but dropping instead of rising as our CV is inverted.

I tried with a logarithmic curve but it doesn't quite have the correct shape. Instead, an exponential curve but mirrored around 0 would do the trick, I'll see if I can add that to my generator.

No comments:

Post a Comment