Friday, July 17, 2020

Distortion circuit mostly ready for production

I've finished v1 of the distortion circuit PCB:



I still have to double check the schematics, I've done so many silly errors lately...

The board has switchable soft/hard clipping, and CV adjustable distortion and output gain.


Little/slim phatty distortion/overload

Before I send this one to production, I will breadboard and try out the distortion circuit from the little phatty:


It looks fairly similar, but the output, labeled audio_sum, is actually connected to a point BEFORE the input, labeled mixer_out here. This means it actually feeds the result back to the start, not only distorting it (there is only buffer and voltage divider between though). Also, the overload_cv controls an additional output VCA located after the filter. I can't tell from the circuit diagram what the gain / level is at various points of the circuit so I will simulate this.



No comments:

Post a Comment